Why do I need to have my tooth pulled?
We know that it is always in your best interest to preserve your teeth whenever possible. But your oral health is of utmost importance, and sometimes removing a tooth that is damaged or decayed is our only option.
Some of the situations where extracting your tooth may become necessary are:
- Severe decay that has compromised a tooth to the point it can no longer be repaired
- Root canal Infection that cannot be resolved with traditional treatment
- Wisdom teeththat are impacted or have not erupted properly and threaten alignment of surrounding teeth
- Preparation for placement of full or partial dentures
- Improperly positioned teeththat affect alignment of surrounding teeth
- Dental trauma that has broken or severely damaged teeth
- Preparation for orthodontic treatment for children
The thought of having a tooth extracted can be intimidating for almost anyone. You can rest assured that the professional team at our Elk Grove dental office is sensitive to your concerns and will do everything possible to make your procedure as stress-free and comfortable as possible.
We want you to feel confident when receiving any dental treatment, so please don’t hesitate to contact our office so we can schedule a consultation to answer your questions fully.