What's the advantage of digital x-rays?
Digital x-rays have a number of advantages over older, film x-rays. One of the biggest advantages, and the one that patients ask us about the most frequently, is the fact that digital x-rays actually use up to 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays. At our Elk Grove dental office, our patients' safety and long-term health is important to us, so we appreciate this improvement in x-ray technology.
Lower radiation isn't the only advantage to digital x-rays, though. Other reasons why we like them include:
- Nearly instant development, which means faster appointments for you
- Computer monitor viewing so we can zoom in and enhance areas of the image for improved diagnostics and patient education
- Electronic transmission so that we can instantly email your x-rays to a specialist, if the need ever arises
- Inserted automatically into your electronic patient record for fast viewing and comparison – especially important if we are monitoring a specific condition
- Better for the environment since no film or chemicals are required for developing and storage is not necessary
We're thrilled with all the possibilities of digital x-rays, and we think that you'll appreciate them, too. If you ever have questions about your x-rays – or any aspect of your care – don't hesitate to give us a call.